1. There's a credible terror threat against New York City and Washington, D.C. tied to the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. (believable)
2. They say they are stepping up security, doing things that will be noticeable to the public. (increasing)
3. The threat at this moment has not been corroborated. (confirmed)
4. Since May, U.S. law enforcement officials have been concerned that in the wake of Osama bin Laden's death, al Qaeda or sympathizers could plan retaliatory attacks. (following) (in revenge)
5. Just be vigilant. If you see something potentially suspicious, call 311. And if you see something that you think is potentially dangerous, call 911. (awake; alert)
News clip taken from wabc7 Eyewitness News.
This blog post is brought to you by Joe Yu and the small guide site.
Follow Joe on Twitter @joeyu2nd.
Be a fan of the small guide site on Facebook.