I admit I'm a bit of a CLEAN FREAK. I'm often PARANOID about picking up COOTIES from JUST ABOUT everywhere--on the train, in restrooms, from public computers, et al.--so I wash my hands often, probably more so than most people. I probably should LIGHTEN UP a bit; I guess I just think it's BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY.
- CLEAN FREAK (overly clean)
- FREAK (a weirdo; a strange person #slang)
- PARANOID (overly worried)
- COOTIES (germs; body louse; disease #slang)
- JUST ABOUT (nearly; almost #informal)
- LIGHTEN UP (take it easy; don't be so serious #phrasal verb)
- BETTER (TO BE) SAFE THAN SORRY (better to be safe than regret it later #idiom)