1. He has to work late, but he said there was a minute possibility he might be able to leave early.
2. He doesn't buy lottery tickets because the chances of winning are so minute.
3. Food labels now inform consumers if even minute amounts of nuts are found in the products since many people are allergic to nuts.
4. The room looked clean until we drew the curtains, let the light in, and saw minute particles of dust floating in the air.
5. He's fallen so far behind that the chances of him catching up with his classmates are now so minute.
Minute is pronounced /mai noot/ and is a synonym of minuscule from our Sept. 2 post. It means very small in amount, size, or significance.
Brought to you by Joe Yu and the small guide site.
Follow Joe on Twitter @joeyu2nd.
Be a fan of the small guide site on Facebook.