|The cover that came with this new table-top ironing board stunk, :-| so we decided to wash it first. This is an old cover.
My wife and I live in a tiny apartment, and every time I BREAK OUT the ironing board to PRESS my shirts, it takes up most of the kitchen area, and she's had to squeeze through a small space just to get to the sink. So, she had been URGING me to SWITCH to a table-top ironing board. At first, I was RELUCTANT to GO ALONG with it; I thought I needed the space of a full-size board and a table-top one would just slow me down.
Eventually though, I WARMED UP to the idea of using a smaller ironing board, and WHAT DO YOU KNOW! I actually like it! It needs less space for storage; it doesn't really slow down my ironing, and I don't have to block the entire kitchen! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT! :-)
- BREAK OUT - take out and use
- to PRESS - to iron
- URGE - push; encourage
- SWITCH - change
- RELUCTANT - not really want to do something
- GO ALONG with something - agree
- WARM UP to something - get used to; begin to like
- WHAT DO YOU KNOW! - Guess what? #idiom
- HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT! - It's great, isn't it? #idiom