Some sentences and phrases you will hear from the video:
- On a day when so many spirits LURKED (wait quietly & secretly)
- Druid priests tried to FORETELL (predict) whether their villages would survive the winter.
- disguised themselves to REPELL (push back, drive away) and confuse the spirits
- The Celts' demonic disguises became the SINISTER (evil, wicked) costumes of modern Halloween.
- By the early part of the 20th century, Halloween was GAINING A FOOTHOLD (achieving a secure foundation) as an American institution.
- It's a day to step into costumes, GORGE (eat a lot) on sweets, THROW GHOULISH GALAS (have scary parties), and scare ourselves silly.
SHARE this with your friends if you find it useful; use the buttons below. LIKE the small guide site on Facebook, and FOLLOW Joe on Twitter @joeyu2nd. Thanks, and have an enjoyable and safe Halloween!