1. When she goes fishing with her grandfather, who used to run a corporation, she picks his brains about managing a company.
2. They wanted to meet the author and hopefully pick his brains about his writing career and getting published.
3. He likes to have dinner with successful businessmen so he can pick their brains.
4. You're a lawyer, right? Can I pick your brains about my divorce?
5. Instead of doing research for their science project, they went to a hospital, found a doctor who was nice and had some extra time, and picked his brains.
If you pick someone's brains, you ask this person questions in order to learn from this person and get important information.
Brought to you by Joe Yu and the small guide site.
Follow Joe on Twitter @joeyu2nd.