idiom: bring home the bacon
1. Their dad was the breadwinner for the family until he lost his job. Now their mom is the one bringing home the bacon.
2. Both their mom and dad bring home the bacon.
3. Who's the breadwinner in your family?
4. He could easily work from home, so he was able to bring home the bacon even when he couldn't leave the house for six months after the operation.
5. Suddenly, she had to find a job and be the breadwinner for the family when her husband passed away.
A breadwinner is the person who earns the income for the family.
Bringing home the bacon means to make money for the family.
Brought to you by Joe Yu and the small guide site
Follow Joe on Twitter @joeyu2nd